To help Students we have tailored 6 Steps to Study in January Intake in UK 2021
Here we have mentioned the step by step process for the UK universities with January intake for postgraduate and undergraduate courses.
Step 1 – Start Now: May 2020 – June 2020
• The first step to study in UK for January 2021 intake is to choose a course and begin to short list the Universities that suits you best.
• The choosing process is different for everyone and will change from individual to individual as per your academics and the future plans. Do a thorough research on the courses you want to do, and the courses and universities you are eligible for.
• The best way to start is to go through the official websites of the Universities in UK and see the course details, have it thoroughly researched before you opt for short listing.
• Be familiar with bank loan options and scholarships to fund your studies.
• Do not forget to look for the January intake and the application deadlines for the course you want to apply.
Step 2 – Appear for the Exams: July 2020 to August 2020
• The most important eligibility requirements for the courses and university you choose will be the entrance exams.
• There will be general aptitude tests like GRE and GMAT, and which will be required to get admission in Uk universities. Prepare and attempt it.
• The other essential tests are language proficiency tests Such as IELTS and TOEFL.
• Keep in mind that these tests will take some preparation time, and the results will also declared after weeks.
• In case the results are not desirable, you might want to appear for tests again. All this time should be considered while preparing a timeline for January intake in UK.
Step 3 – Start Applying to Colleges: August 2020 to September 2020
Now would be the time to start preparing the application. Keep an eye on the application deadlines. Different universities and courses will have different deadlines.
• A month before the deadline, start the documentation process for all the paperwork that is required.
• Prepare your SOP/Application Essay. Statement of Purpose will be written by you stating your academic background and why you have chosen the University.
• You should also start contacting the professors and managers to write letters of recommendations for you in case they are needed
• Apply to the universities in UK before the due date. Deadline for UK university January intake 2021 will be in the months of June to September
Step 4 -Acceptance Letters and Interviews: September 2020 to October 2020
• If there is any development in your application with the University, you will receive a mail from their side. You are needed to revert with a confirmation if you are interested in attending the course.
• If you are willing to attend the course, you should let the university know with a confirmation email as soon as possible. Do not wait for the deadlines to revert.
• You might also be asked to pay a non-refundable confirmation fees. That too, have its own deadlines and the amount should be paid before that.
Step 5 – Apply for Visa / Education Loan: October 2020 to November 2020
As soon as you receive the acceptance letter from the University, you should start the process of student loan and UK student Visa. You should apply for the UK student Visa at least three months before the January intake starts. Both the Visa and Loan process will take time, and are one of the most important processes.
If you wish to, also apply for study abroad scholarships. You will be required to show the monetary funds during the visa process, and any scholarships or grants should be declared then, while applying.
Step 6 – Tickets and Departure: November 2020 to December 2020
You are just one step away from your study in UK journey. Before you book for the flights, make sure you have all the documents that will be required.
• The next step is to look for an accommodation. If you are not going to live on the campus facility at the University, you will have to look for student accommodations on your own. Start this process a month before your arrival.
• Arrange an international credit or debit card.
• Make a pre-departure checklist to make sure you do not miss out on anything.
List of Universities with January intake in UK
• Bangor University
• Birmingham City University
• Brunel University
• Edge Hill University
• Kingston University
• Northumbria University
• University of Chester
• University of Greenwich
• University of Sunderland
• Anglia Ruskin University
• Birkbeck University of London
• City University of London
• Coventry University
• De Montfort University
• Keele University
• Oxford Brookes University
• University of Brighton
• University of Lincoln
• University of South Wales
Which UK intake to choose?
It can be quite confusing for you to choose the UK intake that suits you better. To select the UK study intakes consider factors such as
• Availability of your chosen program,
• Your academic records,
• Your Entrance exam scores
• Acceptance rates of the university
• Job opportunities available
• Your readiness to join the university
Most of the international students prefer to take the September intake. However, January and May intakes are also good for some of the courses. If you do not have your scorecards ready, it’s better to skip the quickness and apply for the next intake